What we collect
Zinnia Envy: opis odmiany, charakterystyka, cechy charakterystyczne sadzenia i uprawy
– vi besöker Larsvikens potatisodling. Se sändningen här
Riktigt udda dahliablommande zinnia i en härligt limegrön färg. Ett underbart inslag i rabatten och läcker i samplantering. Lättodlad och tacksam. Plocka bort vissna blommor efterhand så blommar den hela sommaren. Trivs i näringsrik, lucker.
Varumärke Nelson Garden
Art nr 111328
Blomningstid Juli, Augusti, September
Finns i flera varianter
Finns i flera varianter
Växtbelysning LED med adapter
Finns i flera varianter
Växtbelysning LED utan adapter
Finns i flera varianter
Odla dina egna blomsterbuketter
Experten tipsar Lyckas med dina luktärter
Det är väl få växter som fyller oss med så mycket minnen som underbart doftande luktärter gör? Få dina luktärter att frodas som aldrig förr – här är experttipsen!
Så din egen blomsteräng, få mängder av vackra snittblommor och ge samtidigt bin, humlor och fjärilar fler växter att surra kring. Trädgårdsprofilen Linda Schilén tipsar om fröer som är lätta att lyckas med.
Inspiration Bukettrecept med sköna sommarblommor
Trädgårdsmästare Linda Schilén har tagit fram sin egna kollektion av blomsterfröer. Här bjuder hon på massor av inspiration hur du kan sätta ihop buketter av sommarens vackraste blommor.
Annual growing to 60cm. Upright plant producing large semi-double bright lime green flowers. Good for borders and as a cut flower. Great for adding colour to the garden; ideal for mass plantings. Easy to grow.
Best Months to Sow
Quick Sowing Guide
|Method||Sow direct or raise seedlings|
|Season||Spring to summer|
|Germination||7-10 days @ 21-29°C|
|Hardiness / Life Cycle||Half hardy Annual|
|Position||Full sun, moist well drained soil|
|Days Until Maturity||90 days|
Best method(s) for sowing ‘Zinnia- Envy ‘:
Zinnia- Envy seeds can be sown directly into the garden OR seedlings can be raised in trays or other containers and transplanted to the garden once established. Choose whichever method best suits your situation.
Sow direct: This means that the seeds are best sown directly into the garden. Seeds normally produce fast growing and strong seedlings.
Raise seedlings: This means seeds are best started off in trays or other containers and then transplanted to their final position once they are established. These seeds normally produce slower growing and weaker seedlings that need more care and protection from weather and pests. Seedlings can normally be transplanted to their final position once they are large enough to handle (around 5-10cm tall).
The expected germination time for ‘Zinnia- Envy ‘ is approximately 7-10 days when sown at a soil temperature of 21-29°C
Ideal soil temperature for germination: 21-29°C
Approximate germination time: 7-10 days
The temperature listed above is the ideal soil temperature for germination. It’s important to note that soil temperature usually differs greatly from air temperature. Germination may occur outside of this window with decreased rates, or seeds may lie dormant in the soil until ideal temperature is met. (Tips on how to measure soil temperature.)
Germination time is approximate and based on seed grown in ideal conditions.
These figures should be used as a guide only; gardeners should never give up on seeds just because the expected germination window has passed. Be patient, some seeds take longer to germinate than others and some seeds are fussy and will wait for the conditions to be perfect.
‘Zinnia- Envy ‘ is a Half hardy Annual.
Hardy: Plants have the ability to survive frost and cold weather. Plants should survive winter. *Note: Some plants may become dormant or grow very slowly during cold weather. Some young plants are still sensitive to cold weather until they are established.
Annual: Plant completes its life cycle within 1 year (then dies)
Annual plants complete their entire life cycle in a single growing season. The seed will germinate, and then develop a root system, stems, and leaves. Once mature, the plant will flower, produce seeds, and then die off. The newly produced seeds will then stay dormant until the cycle begins again next season.
‘Zinnia- Envy ‘ prefers to be grown in a position with the following conditions: Full sun, moist well drained soil
Full sun: Plant likes 6 hours of sun or more a day.
Moist soil: Soil should retain moisture well without being too wet.
Well drained soil: Soil should have excellent drainage and not pool or become waterlogged after watering.
‘Zinnia- Envy ‘ Days to Maturity: 90 days
Days to Maturity: This is simply the number of days until the plant reaches the purpose for which it’s normally grown (ie: the time it takes for the plant to fruit or flower or until the leaves are ready to be picked, etc.)
- Days to maturity is an approximate figure and can vary significantly depending on numerous factors such as weather, soil, climate and the gardening methods used.
- Days to maturity is best used as a guide to help you plan your garden. More info.
*Notes: Keep well watered. To encourage bushy growth pinch out the first bud.
- Includes: Alice Springs, Mildura, Albury-Wodonga, Shepparton, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo
- Hot dry summers, winters can be warm or cool depending on the region. Includes a large area of central Australia from the WA coast to Charleville (Qld), Tamworth (NSW) and Albury-Wodonga (NSW/Vic).
- Includes: Darwin, Cairns, Townsville, Exmouth
- High humidity summers with most rainfall in summer and dry, warm winters. Includes northern Australia from Exmouth (WA) across to south of Townsville (Qld).
- Includes: Brisbane, Bundaberg, Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast, Hervey Bay, Mackay, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast
- Warm humid summers with high summer rainfall and mild winters. Includes coastal Queensland and northern NSW from north of Mackay to just south of Coffs Harbour.
Warm Temperate Climate
- Includes: Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Newcastle, Toowoomba, Central Coast NSW, Wollongong, Bunbury
- Moderate humidity and reliable rainfall, with four distinct seasons. Includes coastal areas from north of Port Macquarie to south of Woollongong in NSW, coastal SA and the southeastern coast of WA.
- Includes: Melbourne, Canberra, Hobart, Launceston, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Mt Gambier
- Low humidity with most rainfall in winter; hot dry summers and cold winters. Some regions will experience frosts and snow. Includes coastal areas of south-eastern Australia and alpine areas of Victoria, NSW and Tasmania.
How To Grow
We deliver Australia wide.
All orders are dispatched from our warehouse in Knoxfield, Victoria, Australia.
We do not deliver overseas.
Shipping cost is calculated using all the items in your shopping cart and your delivery postcode. The table below outlines the delivery options and costs.
Order dispatch time is currently 2-4 business days plus delivery time.
Please note we are unable to guarantee specific delivery dates, delivery timeframes and cut-off dates are estimates only.
BULK seed, garden supplies, tools, or accessories –
Capped rate of $8.99
*All orders sent to Western Australia are subject to mandatory inspection and fees by Quarantine WA. These fees are included in all shipping costs above.
**We will replace all orders that are lost or damaged in transit however we will not replace or refund orders simply because they were delivered later than estimated. Full details here.
Ratings & Reviews
Zinnia- Envy Zinnia- Envy
Beautiful colour. Full flowers long lasting for picked flowers. Flowers abundantly over a long time.
1 February 2021
Rated 5 / 5 based on 1 review.
Viola- Helen Mount “Johnny Jump Up”
Packet 200 seeds
Wallflower- Fire King
Packet 150 seeds
- Zinnia elegans
- Annual 50cm
- Fully double dome shaped flowers
- Very colourful display
Zinnia- Lilliput Mix
Packet 75 seeds
- Dianthus barbatus
- Biennial 60cm
- Early and long flowering
- Good for beds, borders, rockeries and as a cut flower
Sweet William- Herald of Spring
Packet 160 seeds
‘Zinnia- Envy ‘ is an Open pollinated, untreated, non-GMO variety of seed.
Open pollinated: Seeds are produced by naturally occurring mechanisms such as insects, birds or wind. Older varieties of open pollinated seeds are called Heirloom seeds. Open pollinated seed can be saved and will grow true to type (if correct seed saving methods are followed).
Untreated: Seeds have not been treated with chemicals.
Non-GMO: Seeds have not been genetically modified.
Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are organisms that have had their DNA altered through human intervention. In the case of GMO seeds, genes from other species are inserted into a seed’s DNA to give it characteristics such as resistance to herbicides, diseases or pests. All of the seeds on this website are non-GMO.
PO Box 7400, Upper Ferntree Gully, VIC 3156, Australia.
- Browse our Products
- New Products
- Sowing Chart
- Sowing Info
- Seeds to Sow Now
- Gift Vouchers
- About Us
- About Our Seeds
- Germination Rates
- Seed Growers Wanted
© 2023 The Seed Collection Pty Ltd . All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions
The term ‘The Seed Collection Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 61614299697. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
Full terms and conditions here:
- Terms and conditons of sale
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will have the option to opt-out of all non-essential email.
Any personal information which you supply will not be divulged to a third party unless that third party is integral to the purpose for which you gave us your information or where required by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.